Vegetable-oil cooking spray
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
3/4 cup cream cheese, room tempreture
1 cup shelled pistachio, ground to a paste in a food processor
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs, room tempreture
2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted pistachio slivers
- Preheat oven 325 degrees. Coat two 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 inch loaf pans with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, cream cheese, and pistachio paste until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low. Gradually add sugar, beat until smooth. Scrape down side of bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour and salt; beat until just combined.
- Fold in chopped pistachios
- Divide batter among pans, smooth tops. Bake until a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean about 1hr 35 minutes.
- Let cool in pans 20 minutes. Unmould, and remove parchment. Let cool. Cakes can be wrapped well in plastic and stored at room temperature for up to 1day.
- Drizzle cakes with icing. And sprinkle with pistachio slivers.