- 1 chicken-cut up in 10 pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder(or to taste)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 oz butter
- 2 medium onions sliced thinly
- 4 oz almonds
- 8 oz prunes pitted
- 1 8 oz can tomato Sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup Vinegar
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Marinate chicken with salt, chilli powder, garlic and ginger for 1 hour.
- Bake the chicken in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan and fry the onions till they are Golden Brown.
- Add the prunes and almonds and fry for a minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook for about 5 mins, on med heat,
till the oil separates.
- Add chicken pieces, sugar and vinegar and cook till the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick. About 10 mins.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds before serving.
Serve with Naan, french bread/saffron rice.