A dish consisting of beaten eggs cooked until set. It can also be folded over with a filling inside.
Omelette Roll is a chapatti rolled with an omelette. It is breakfast on the go or lunch for the kids. It is nutritious and easy to pack.
Omelettes are easy to make but are a little tricky. You need practice to make it perfect. Making a roll is the best place to start because if you break the omelette nobody will know.
You can make your chapatti or buy it from Indian Grocery Stores.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp finely chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 chapatti
- In a small bowl, combine egg, water onions, cilantro and salt and beat with a fork till everything is mixed together.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat, pour the egg batter and tilt the pan to spread it around. When it starts to set, loosen it with a palette knife, turn it over and cook on the other side for about 1 minutes.
- Place the omelet on the chapatti and roll it up.
- Wrap it in a napkin.
- Sugar roll: Spread butter on the chapati sprinkle with sugar and roll it up.
- Banana Roll: Spread butter, sugar and a banana and roll it up.
- Aloo Roll: If you have leftover Alo curry (Potato) use that and roll up the chapatti.