- 2 lbs Mogo(casava)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cans Coconut milk
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cube
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp jeera(cumin)
- 1 jalepeno
- 1 small onion
- 1 small tomato
- 1 tbsp green masala
- 1 lemon/lime
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dhania
- In a medium saucepan, boil mogo in 4 cups water and salt. When mogo is soft, take it out and cut it into small pieces.
- Put the mogo back into the saucepan and add the coconut milk, let it cook on med heat.
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil. Add jeera and diced onion. Fry the onion, till they soft, add the tomatoes, green masala, and chicken and stir fry it for about 5 min.
- Add the chicken to the mogo, mix well, cook on low heat covered for about 5 min.
- Add lemon/lime juice and mix.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.
You can leave the chicken out, if you want it Vegetarian.
You can substitute beef for chicken.