makes 30 pieces
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 5 tbsp cocoa
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp vanilla custard powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- Place softened butter, cocoa, sugar, vanilla and egg in a bowl. Set bowl in a pan of bowling water. Stir mixture until butter has melted and is the consistency of custard about 5 minutes.
- Mix wafer crumbs, coconut and nuts together.
- Add to the cocoa mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased 9 inch square pan and spread with icing.
- Cream butter, milk, vanilla custard powder and icing sugar till nice and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Spread this over chocolate base, and return it to the fridge for a couple of hours till the icing has hardened.
Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt it in the microwave, covered, for 1 minute, mix it well and spread it over the icing. Return it to the fridge and let it set,, about 10 minute. Cut it in squares and serve.