Nan Khatia is also called sooji (semolina) biscuit. Nan Khatia is an eggless crispy biscuit that can be served with tea or coffee. It is similar to shortbread.
- 2-1/2 cup white flour
- 1 cup sooji
- 1/2 cup chana flour(gram flour)
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp crushed cardamom
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg powder
- 1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- a few drops of yellow food coloring
- Pre heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl mix everything together.
- Transfer the mixture onto a work surface and knead well till the dough becomes soft.
- Take a small piece and with you palms roll it in a ball and then flatten it a little. Put it in a greased tray 2 inches apart.
- Mix the food coloring in a teaspoon of water. With your finger tip make a dot in the centre.
- Bake it for 20 minutes or till light brown in color.
You can use chopped almonds and pistachios for decoration instead of food coloring.