I was flying from Brisbane to Vancouver view Sydney. When I got to The gate in Sydney, I was very Hungary, it was 9.30 am and My flight was leaving at 10.00 am. There was a coffee shop near the gate and I bought a piece of Mango Coconut and Macadamia bread and a coffee. This bread was so good, I googled for the recipe and found this one. This bread recipe is just as good.
For the mango puree:
- 1 large ripe mango (or 2 smaller mangos), roughly Chopped.
For the loaf:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 large ripe mango, diced (about 1 to 1 ½ cups)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan and then dust with flour. Set aside.
To make the mango puree –
Add the chopped mango to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Measure out ½ cup of the mango puree and set aside.
To make the loaf:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, egg yolk, vanilla extract, melted butter and ½ cup of mango puree.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the macadamia nuts, coconut and diced mango.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean. If the loaf starts to brown too quickly, tent loosely with aluminum foil.
- Cool for about 10 minutes, then remove the loaf from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can substitute Macadamia Nuts for nuts of your choice.
3 thoughts on “MANGO COCONUT AND MACADAMIA NUT BREAD”
Hi Nasim. I love your recipes and am going to try the mango coconut bread. (love the explanation). I am also from Kenya and guess what my name is also nasim datoo (maiden name). keep on posting new recipes. do yu have a recipe for katlu pak. please post this recipe. many thanks.
Hi Nasim, I will post katlu pak soon.
I have just posted the Katlu Pak recipe