- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb beef fillet, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh lemon grass
- 2 small fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp green masala
- 4 green shallots, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- Heat butter in a pan, add beef, cook, stirring, until well browned.
- In a blender blend lemon grass, red chili and green masala. Add this to the meat.
- Add chopped shallot, salt, tomato paste and water and cook till the meat is tender and the water has evaporated.
- Cool the mix to room temperature.
- Trim thick stalks from cabbage leaves; cut leaves in half. Steam leave until wilted, drain on absorbent paper.
- Spoon beef mixture onto narrow end of each leaf half, fold sides in, roll up, secure with tooth picks.
- Cover, refrigerate until cold.