I found this recipe in Australian Women Weekly.
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- 1 oz butter
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- coriander leaves
- 1 small beetroot uncooked
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch chili powder
- Lightly grease mini muffin pans.
- Layer pastry sheets together, brushing each sheet lightly with butter.
- Cut into 2 inch squares. Gently press squares into prepared pans.
- Bake in moderately hot oven 350 degrees for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
- Combine chicken, sour cream, ginger, garlic, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Spoon a level teaspoon of mixture into each pastry case.
Just before serving,
- Spoon beetroot relish into nests, top with coriander leaves.
- Shred the beetroot or cut it into thin strips.
- Combine beetroot, onion, sugar, lemon rind, juice, vinegar, black pepper and chili powder in a pan and bring to a boil, simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
- Pastry cases can be made a day ahead.
- Relish can be made 2 weeks ahead.
- Store: Pastry cases in airtight container.
- Relish, covered, in refrigerator.