Makes 10 Ladoos
- 4 day old rotla, 8 inches in diameter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped spring garlic
- Break rotla in small pieces. If you have a food processor,, coarsley break the rotlas till they resemble coarse breadcrumbs. If you do not have the food processor rub it between the palms of you hands and break it.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter add the garlic and saute it for 5 minutes. Add this to the broken rotla. Mix well with a wooden spoon. When the mixture has cooled and and easy to handle, take about half a cup and roll it into a ball. Let it rest for a couple of hours before you serve.
- Ladoos can be stored in an airthight container, in the refrigetor for a week.
It can be frozen.
Spring Garlic is the stalk of the young garlic. You can grow your own or buy it. I get mine from Osaka which is a Chinese grocery store. You will only get this in summer. You can buy frozen chopped garlic from an Indian grocery store.