- 4 oz gruyere cheese, choppe
- 3 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp, chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 egg, lightly beaten,
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 6 sheets fillo pastry
- 2 oz butter
- Combine cheese, celery, rosemary, egg, pepper and nuts in bowl; mix well.
- Brush 3 sheets of pastry with some of the butter; layer together.
- Cut sheets into 2 inch squares.
- Top each square with a level tsp of cheese mixture.
- Bring corners together in the centre, press edges together firmly.
- Repeat with remaining pastry, butter and filling.
- Place parcels on lightly greased oven trays, brush lightly with butter, cover, refregerate 1 hour.
- Just before serving : bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 min or until browned and crisp.
Parcels can be made a day ahead, cover and refregerate.
Uncooked parsels can be frozen.