- 1 cup moong beans
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp dhana jeera
- 1/4 tsp (haldi)turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp green masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder(optional)
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 6 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- Rinse Moong beans in cold water and soak it in cold water for 5 hours.
- In a medium saucepan boil the moong beans with 3 cups of water, for about 10 minutes.
- Add dhana jeera, haldi, green masala, salt, red chili powder and yoghurt. Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes. (The moong beans should be soft to the touch).
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil.
- Add the sliced garlic clove, curry leaves, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. When the seeds start to pop, add this to the moong mix.
- Add the sugar.
- Mix and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro before serving.
Serve it with chapatti or paratha.
Connect the power code. The Led displays OFF, indicating the cooker is on standby.
Select the Sauce program.
Add 2 tbsp vegetable oil, when hot add sliced garlic, curry leaves, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. When the seeds start to pop add the yoghurt, dhana jeera, haldi, green masala, salt and chilli powder, mix well.
Rinse the moong beans in cold water and add this to the yoghurt mix. Add the water, place the lid and lock it. Turn the Steam release handle to Sealing position.