- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- tsp vanilla
- 1/2 chopped dried sour cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate ot chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 icing sugar
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a food processor or bowl, cut butter into flour until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, process just until mixture holds together when pressed.
- With floured hands press into parchment-paper-lined 8 inch Square metal pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until ligh golden, about 15 min.
- Meanwhile, spread coconut and pecans on baking sheet; bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until fragrant and lightly coloured, about 8 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, flour, salt and vanilla; stir in coconut mixture, dried cherries and chocolate.
- Spreed evenly over base, pressing lightly to smooth.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until firm and golden, 25 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- In a bowl, beat sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla; spread over filling.
- Refrigerate until icing is firm. About an hour.
- Cut into squares.