- 1 chicken (about 3-4 lbs)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 medium onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg frozen puff pastry (395 gms)
- 1 egg
- Skin and cut the chicken in quarters, remove all the fat and rinse it in cold water. In a medium sauce pan put 4 cups of water, garlic, ginger, 1/2 tsp salt and the chicken and boil it for about half an hour. Remove the chicken and let it cool. Remove the bones and cube the chicken in small pieces.
- Peel the onion and chop it finely, chop the celery finely.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter, sauté the onions and celery. Drain the mushrooms and add this to the saucepan, Add the mushroom soup. Add the chicken, 1/4 cup of the chicken stock, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and mix it well. Remove from the heat and cool it in the fridge.
- Beat the egg with 2 tbsp water.
- Roll out the pastry to 1/8” thickness, with a 3” cookie cutter cut the rounds. Reroll the scrapes and do the same. Use the reroll rounds for the bottom of the pastry. Put a teaspoon of filling in the centre of the round, brush the sides with egg wash and cover it with a round on top. Press the sides with a fork.
- Put the pastry on a cookie sheet, egg wash it and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes(it should be golden brown in colour)