Bhinda is also known as Okra or Lady’s Finger. You can buy them fresh from Chinese, Indian and Iranian grocery stores or you can buy them frozen from the supermarket.
- 1 lb bhinda
- 2 medium onions
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tbsp green masala
- 1 tsp coriander and cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Take a wet kitchen towel and clean the bhinda. Slice them into 1/2 rings.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions.
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil, add the cumin and the sliced onions and fry till the onions are transparent.
- Chop the tomatoes and add this to the onions. Add green masala, dhanajeera ( coriander and cumin powder), turmeric powder, salt, yoghurt and lemon juice. Stir and cook this on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the bhinda, mix and cook covered for about 10 min. The bhinda should be soft.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Serve with chapatti or paratha