Different ways of serving Bhel
- 4 cups Mumra(puffed rice)
- 1/4 tsp each salt and turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup sev
- 1 cup Chevro
- 12 medium size puris
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 boiled potato diced in 1/2 ”
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp green chutney
- 2 tbsp diced raw Mango(optionl)
- 2 tbsp Pomagrante
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp chat masala
- Mint chutney
- Red garlic chutney(optional)
- Tamarind chutney
- In a large mixing bowl mix turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt. Add the Mamra and toss it around. Bake the Mamra in a preheated 300 degree oven for 20 min till the Mamra are crispy. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- In a medium bowl put the diced potatoes and Chickpe Add black pepper, cumin, green chutney and 1/2 tsp salt and mix well.
- Take 6 soup bowls. Break the puris in bite size pieces and divide it between the 6 bowls.
- Add the potatoes, and chickpeas, then chevro, Mamra, and sev on the puri.
- Sprinkle onions, cilantro, mint, mangoes and pomagrante.
- Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and cumin.
- Put some chutney before serving.
- 1 lb tamarind(amble)
- 1 lb dates
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder(optional)
- In a medium saucepan boil the tamarind and dates with 1 lt water.
- When cool squeeze the pulp out add more water as needed. It should be quite thick. Pass it through a colander to get all the seeds and strings out.
- Add the salt and red chillies.
- This will make about 2 litres.
- Make ice cubes and freeze them. Use as needed.
You can freeze these chutneys.
Make them into ice cubes and freeze them.