You can either use dried bharazi that you soak in water for 5 hours or overnight and boil it, or you can use frozen bharazi or canned bharazi. You can buy the bharazi at an Indian grocery store or Iranian grocery store.
- 2 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dhana jeera(coriander & cumin powder)
- 1/4 tsp haldi(turmeric powder)
- 2 tsp green masala
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 cups boiled bharazi(pigeon peas)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Peel and slice the onions and chop the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil, add cumin and the onions and fry till the onions are golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, dhana jeera, haldi, green masala and tomato paste, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add the water, salt and the bharazi and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro before serving.
Serve it with rice or chapatti.