This is a pickle flavoured vegetable curry, made with vegetable of your choice
and flavour of pickle masala. The vegetables can be boiled, fried or cooked
in the masala. Fried vegetables will taste even better. You can use your leftover
Vegetables from the previous day.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsps viriyari(aniseeds)
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp mehti seeds(fenugreek seeds)
- 1/2 tbsp kalonji seeds(onion seeds)
- 1 tbsp jeera
- 2 onions sliced finely
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp haldi(turmeric)powder
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 10 cashews(optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp amchoor powder(dried mango powder) or
- lemon juice
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil, add viriyari, rai, methi seeds, kalonji seeds and jerra. When the seeds start to pop add the onions and chopped green chillies.
- Cook, stirring until onions turn light brown.
- Add haldi and crushed garlic, mix well.
- In a blender, blend cashew with the yoghurt to a paste. Add this to the saucepan and mix well.
- Add the green beans and stir, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and amachoor powder, mix and cook on low heat till the beans are cooked about 5 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl, sprinkled with green chillies and cilantro.
- Serve it with chapatis.