- 1 med potato
- 1 med onion
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1-1/2 cups chana flour(gram flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ajwan
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups oil for frying
- Peel the potatoes and onions. Thinly slice all the vegetables either with a slicer or by hand.
- In a medium bowl add chana flour, salt, black pepper, cumin seeds, ajwan, cilantro, spinach and1-1/2 cups of water. Mix everything together.
- Heat oil in a Wok on medium hot heat. The oil is hot when if, you put the handle of a wooden spoon in the centre and the bubbles form around it.
- Add the baking soda and mix well.
- Add the vegetables and mix.
- Drop the pakoras with a soup spoonfuls in the oil and fry about 10 at a time until golden brown or cooked about 3 minutes.
- Drain well on paper towel.
Serve with a hot Green Chutney and/or ambli(tamarind)
Serve as an appitizer or a tea time snack.