For the strawberry Jelly
- 1-1/2 lb strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water + 3 tbsp
- 2 lemons(juice of lemons)
- 1-3/4 tsp unflavored gelatin
For the Panna Cotta
- 2 cups Homo milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 tbsp cold water
1 Sheet Pound Cake
- Puree strawberries, sugar, and 1/2 cup water in a food processor.
- Press through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice. (You should have 2 cups of liquid).
- Sprinkle gelatin over remaining 3 tbsp water, and let stand until softened, about 5 min.
- Heat half cup strawberry puree in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add softened gelatin, stirring, to dissolve.
- Stir into remaining strawberry puree.
- Divide among 8 six oz rounded teacups or ramekins.
- Refrigerate until almost set, about 1 hour.
Instructions for Panna Cotta
- Stir together milk, cream, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat,, and let it stand for about 10 min.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water, and let stand until softened, about 5 min.
- Bring milk mixture to a simmer.
- Add softened gelatin and stir until it dissolves.
- Strain through sieve set over a bowl of ice-water bath.
- Stir in vanilla essence.
- Let cool, stirring until just beginning to set, 10 – 15 min.
- Divide among teacups.
- Cut 8 rounds of pound cake to fit into the teacups and place 1 inside each cup.
- Refrigerate until set. 8 hrs or overnight.
- To serve dip teacups in hot water, 15 sec until gelatin loosens, and invert quickly.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.