A sausage Roll is a British savoury pastry snack, popular in Commonwealth nations and beyond.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed carrots,
- 1-1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp HP sauce
- 1 tsp salt(or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp finely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 pkg puff pastry, partially thawed
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs (extra for dusting)
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tsp sesame seeds(optional)
- Extra Ketchup to serve
- Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon mix onions, carrots, ground beef, bread crumbs, ginger, garlic, Ketchup, HP sauce, salt, black pepper. and chopped parsley.
- Roll pastry on a floured surface to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into 4 inch stripes.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle some bread crumbs.
- Put the meat mixture in a large ziplock bag and snip 1 corner. Pipe mince mixture down 1 long edge of 1 pastry strip.
- Roll up firmly to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining mince mixture, pastry and egg, reserving a little egg.
- Put sausage rolls on prepared trays and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush sausage rolls with egg, then scatter over sesame seeds.
- Cut each roll to desired size(2 to 2-1/2”), make a small cut in the centre(to let out steam).
- Bake sauceage rolls for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes, before serving.
- Serve with Ketchup or chilli sauce
Rolled pastry Ziplock bag with meat mix, corner snipped Meat Mix on Pastry Sausage Rolls