Makes 30 pieces
- 1- 8 oz package cream Cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Butter, softened
- 2 cups all purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1-10 oz package frozen chopped Spinach
- 2 1/2 cup chopped fresh Mushroom
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Beat together cream cheese and the 2/3 cup butter in a large bowl. Add the flour and the baking powder, beat well.
- Divide the dough in half, wrap in plastic. Chill 30 – 60 min. or till easy to handle.
- Cook spinach according to package directions, drain, squeeze out excess liquid; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir mushrooms and onion in the 2 tbsp butter over medium heat for 3 minutes or till onion is tender and transparent.
- Add spinach, 1 tbsp all purpose flour, oregano, salt, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Cook and stir till mixture thickens. Stir in parmesan cheese; cool.
- Roll one dough portion on a floured surface into a 12 x 7 inch rectangle. Spread with half the spinach mixture to within 1/2” of edges. Roll up dough and filling jelly-roll style, starting with the long edge. Moisten edges with water; pinch to seal. Cover and chill 1 hour. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Combine egg white and 1 tbsp water.
- Slice rolls into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with egg mixture. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or till golden. Transfer to wire racks. Cool.
To make ahead: wrap rolls in freeze wrap and freeze up to 3 months.
Let thaw in the fridge. Slice, brush with egg mixture and bake.