Chocolate and Plain You have to do this Barfi 2 times, so double the ingredients.
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 1 can(375 ml) evaporated milk
- 6 oz sugar
- 1 lb powder milk(Pacific brand)
- 1/4 tsp cardomon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- few strands saffron
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- In a large saucepan melt the butter. Add the milk and the sugar and bring to a boil. Boil it for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the powder milk, cardomon and nutmeg and mix well. Boil it for 5 minutes. The mixture should be thick.
- Pour this in a greased 10 in square cake tin.
- Omit the saffron
- When the milk starts to boil add cocoa powder and mix well, add the rest of the ingredients and cook till the mixture is thick, 5 minutes.
- Add this on top of the plain Barfi and let it set overnight.
- Cut into squares or diamonds.
Store Barfi in an airtight container, in the fridge for a couple of weeks. You can freeze it too. Variation You can use 1 cup finely chopped pistachio and a few drops of green color to make a plain and pistachio Barfi. You can olso make it in one flavour.