Curry Puff is a small pie filled with meat and baked.
Puff pastry can be bought at any grocery store in their freezer section. Some bakeries sell puff pastry by the pound.
These pies can be made into any size you want.
- 1 lb ground beef or lamb
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 pkg frozen puff pastry
- In a medium saucepan, cook the meat. Add 1/4 cup water, ginger, garlic, black pepper. cumin and salt. Cook stirring and breaking the lumps for 10 minutes, till the meat has changed colour and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, add curry powder, sugar and onion and mix well. Let it cool completely.
- Follow the instructions for the pastry.
- Roll the pastry to a 1/4 of an inch. Cut it into 4” square.
- Add a tsp of fill in half the square diagonally, brush the sides with egg wash. Fold it into a triangle, put it on a greased baking dish 1” apart.
- Egg wash it.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Curry Puff using Samosa Press
- Roll the pastry into two 8 1/2 inch squares.
- Dust the samosa pres with white flour.
- put 1 pastry on the press.
- Put a teaspoon full of the filling on each section of the press.
- Egg wash the second piece of pastry.
- Put this on top of the meat and with a rolling pin roll it. It will make 8 pastries.