- 8 oz butter, room temperature
- 8 oz sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 7 oz all purpose flour
- 1 oz cocoa powder
- 2 level tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup warm water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9″ cake tin with cooking spray or butter. Line the pan with parcement paper.
- Cream butter and sugar till it is light and fluffy. About 5 min.
- Add 1 egg at a time beating well.
- Add vanilla essence and mix.
- Add baking powder to the flour, fold in flour, adding water to make a dropping consistency.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared tin.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 40 min or until done. (the cakes are done when, if you put the tooth pick in the centre of the cake and the tooth pick comes out clean).
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 min.
- Transfer it onto a cooling tray.