- 1 lb dried Apricots
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups half and half or homo milk
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds and pistachio
- Cut the apricots into quarters. Soak the apricots in cold water over night.
- In the morning, boil the apricots with half the sugar till they are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated (about 15 min.).
- Drain and save the remaining liquid.
- Heat 4 cups of milk and sugar in a microwave for 5 minutes. Mix the custard powder with 1/4 cup of cold milk or water and add this to the hot milk. Stir it well. Microwave for 5 minute, Stir it again and microwave it again for 5 min. The custard should be thick. Add the liquid from the apricots and mix well.
- In a Pyrex dish spread the apricots, then the custard and cool it completely.
- Whip the cream till it is thick and spread it on the custard.
- Sprinkle with almonds and pistachios.