These are some of the cookies I have collected from different magazines that come out at Christmas time.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup berry sugar + 5 tablespoon for rolling
- 1 tbsp Kirsch or white Rum or
- 1 tbsp lemon Juice
- 2 cups flour, divided in half
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds, ground
- In a large bowl cream butter.
- Add 4 tablespoon Berry Sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in Kirsch, Rum or Lemon Juice.
- Stir in 1 cup flour and the salt.
- Stir in almonds and remaining 1 cup flour,
- Chill overnight
- Lightly dust board or flat surface with remaining 5 tablespoon berry sugar.
- Break off small pieces of dough and roll with hands into pencil thin strips.
- Cut in 3” lengths turn ends to form crescents.
- Arrange !” apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees oven 12 – 15 minutes or until light golden brown. (should remain almost white).
- Cool on cookie sheet then carefully remove and roll in remaining sugar.