Makes 30 pies
- 1-10 oz package frozen chopped Spinach
- 2 1/2 cup chopped fresh Mushroom
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 recipe Short Crust Pastry
- Cook spinach according to package directions, drain, squeeze out excess liquid; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir mushrooms and onion in the 2 tbsp butter over medium heat for 3 minutes or till onion is tender and transparent.
- Add spinach, 1 tbsp all purpose flour, oregano, salt, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Cook and stir till mixture thickens. Stir in parmesan cheese; cool.
- Beat the egg wth a tbsp of water for the egg wash.
- Roll one dough portion on a floured surface to 1/8 inch thick. Cut the pastry into 4 inch square. Brush the edge with egg wash. Put a teaspoonful of filling and fold over in a triangle. Press the edges with a fork.
- Arrange the pies on a greased baking sheet, 1/2 an inch apart. Brush the pies with the egg wash.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or till golden. Transfer to wire racks. Cool.
To make ahead:
Make the pies and freeze them in an airtight container.
The pies can be any shape you like, round, half moon or rectangles.
You can use filo pastry instead of short crust pastry.