Sheekh Kebab means kebab on a skewer, traditionally made on an outdoor grill over charcoals that add as much colour as it does flavour to the kebab. Sheekh Kebab is a a type of Kebab, popular in South Asia, made with spiced minced or ground meat, usually lamb, beef, or chicken, formed into cylinders on skewers and grilled. It is cooked on a barbecue, or in a tandoor. The kebabs can be made in your oven.
- 1 jalepino(or to taste)
- handful fresh cilantro
- 10 leaves mint
- 2 lbs lean ground beef(lamb or chicken
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- In a blender, puree the onion, cilantro and mint leaves.
- Put the meat, in a medium bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Let the mixture rest in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Make the kebabs, using the skewers.
- BBQ the kebabs, rotating as needed to brown on all sides, till they are cooked inside. about 20 minutes.
- Once cooked slide the kebabs on a plate, sprinkle with diced onions and cilantro and serve with raita and Ambli and or green chutney.
- Serve it with spiced potatoes, and/or vegetarian rice or Naan.
- If you are grilling the kebabs in the oven, preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Grill the kebabs for 20-25 minutes rotating as needed to brown the kebabs on all around.