- 1 lb steak
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 lb prawns, medium size, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp H.P Sauce
- 2 tbsp worstershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 carrots, cut in thin slices
- 1/2 lb Green Beans
- 1 small cucumber.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 3 cups rice
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 5 cardomon pod
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 oz pinenuts
- Cut steak and chicken into thin strips about 1″ long. Marinate this in ginger, garlic and all the sauces. Let stand for about 1 hour.
- Cut the prawns in half lengthwise and refrigerate it.
- Prepare all the vegetables. Peel and cut the carrots in half then slice them into thin slices. Cut the green beans 1″ long. Quarter the cucumber and cut it into thin slices. Cut the bell pepper in quater and slice it thin.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and fry the onions till they are soft and transparent. Add the meat mixture and cook till meat is almost done. About 10 min.
- Add the carrots and the green beans and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Just before serving add the prawns and cook till they are cooked. Prawns are cooked when it changes colour and they curl up, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cucumber and bell peppers, mix and serve.
Spread the rice in a platter and put the meat mixture on top.
- Rinse rice in cold water and soak for half and hour.
- In a large saucepan heat 1/2 cup oil, add cumin, cardamon pods, turmeric powder, saffron and salt and pinenuts.
- Add 4-1/2 cups hot water.
- Add the rice and cook uncovered on high heat till it starts to boil. Lower the heat to medium, cover and cook till almost all the water has evaporated about 10 minutes. Cover and put the saucepan in a preheated 300 degree oven for about 15 minutes.