- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb Onions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 level tsp Madras curry powder
- 1 small can tomato paste(6.5 oz)
- 6 oz coconut
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 jalepeno (or to taste)
- 10 almonds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 chicken cut in 10 pieces
- In a large saucepan heat the oil and fry the onions till they are transperent.
- Add the ginger, garlic, Madras curry powder and tomato paste mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the coconut, yoghurt jalepeno almonds and add this to the saucepan, mix and let it cook covered , on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove all the skin and fat from the chicken, rinse in cold water, add this to the saucepan. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked(Chicken is cooked when it is firm to the touch and the colour of the chicken has changed to a pale colour).
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Sprinkle cilantro before serving.
- Serve with Naan, french bread and/or rice.