- 3/4 mug(7.5 oz) long grain rice*
- 1/4 mug(2’5 oz) basmati rice*
- 1/3 pkt cream coconut**
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/4 mug plus 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp kas kas(optional)
- Soak rice in cold water overnight, about 12 hrs.
- In the morning drain rice in a sieve.
- In 1 cup hot water melt the cream coconut.
- Blend the rice using milk, melted cream coconut and yeast. (In the cuisinart blend it for 2 mins.
- Pour the mixture in a medium size bowl, add cardamom seeds and powder and mix. Cover the bowl and let the mixture rest till it doubles in size (about 2 hours).
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Heat 1-1/2 tbsp oil in a 10 inch frypan over medium heat, add the mixture, cover and cook for 15 mins. ***
- Sprinkle the kas kas on top.
- Transfer the frypan under a preheated broiler for 8 mins.
- Remove from the broiler, let the makati cool before serving.
Mixture ready after 2 hours
Open the box, put the box in a medium bowl, pour hot water on it. Leave it for about 10 min. Put the melted packet in the fridge to set again, then cut it into 3 parts and use as needed.
Double fry pan with lid