Also known as Kari(black) Kebab
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 slices day old bread
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 small tomato
- 1 tbsp green masala
- 1/2 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/ 2 tsp corriander seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 6 cups oil for frying
- In a food processor make bread crumbs with the bread. Add this to the meat.
- In the food processor blend the onion and tomato, add this to the meat. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok to 350 degrees. (the oil is hot, when you put the handle of the wooden spoon in the oil and little tiny bubbles form around the handle).
- Roll the meat into 1″ balls and deep fry for about 10 min turning after 5 min. The kebabs will turn dark.
- Serve with Tamarind Chutney, Coconut Chutney or fresh lemon.
2 thoughts on “Fried Kebab”
I hardly ever make Kari Kebab as it just reminds me too much of my days in Uganda but I have an engagement party and have been asked to make them so I shall make these – have used this recipe before and they are delicious.
Hi am looking for muthiya recipe .khari puri .and masala maani pls share