- 4 oz thin bean thread noodles
- (also known as cellophane, glass. Or mung bean noodles)
- 1 lb cooked and cubed chicken
- 4 cups chopped lettuce leaves
- 1 large mango(1 lb), peeled and cut into 1/2- inch cubes.
- 3 Scallions, thinely sliced crosswise
- 1 red pepper thinely sliced
- 2 carrots thinely sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Serrano
- or jalapeño chilli, including seeds, or to taste
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- Cover noodles with boiling hot water in a large bowl and let stand 8 minutes.
- Drain noodles in a colander and rinse with cold water. Drain well, then return to bowl.
- While noodles are soaking, combine chicken, and the rest of the salad ingredients in another large bowl.
- Stir together the dressing ingredients till the sugar is dissolved, then toss half of the dressing with noodles and half with chicken salad.
- Spread the lettuce in a salad bowl, then noodles topped with chicken salad.
Variation: You can use shrimps instead of chicken.