Makes 45 cookies
89 calories per cookie
- 2 1/4 cups all purpse flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room tempreture
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fancy molasses
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 4 squares chopped dark chocolate
- Stir flour with baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a medium bowl until combined.
- Beat butter with brown sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 min.
- Beat in egg, molasses, fresh ginger and zest, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Don’t worry if it looks a little curdled.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until dough is firm enough to roll, about 20 min.
- Position oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with non stick spray and set aside.
- Scoop dough and roll into tbsp-sized balls.
- Coat with granulated sugar.
- Place on prepared sheets about 2 in apart.
- Bake switching and rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are puffed and lightly golden, 10 to 12 min.
- Remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room tempreture up to 1week or freeze up to 1 month.
- Kitchen tip: prefer a crispy cookie? Bake an extra 2to 3 min.
I stuck a Bamboo stick before baking and made a bouquet.